Rules & Regulations
ELIGIBILITY AND GENERAL CODE OF CONDUCT
1. Rules Compliance:
– Participants must adhere to all event rules, which include:
– No urination or defecation outside designated areas.
– Prohibition of clothing, props, or equipment that pose undue risks to participants, spectators, or personnel.
– Participants must also obey all civil and criminal laws, including traffic regulations where applicable.
– Participants shall adhere to Jerudong Park’s rules and regulations.
2. Appropriate Behaviour:
– Participants agree to exhibit appropriate behaviour throughout the event.
– They must demonstrate respect for all individuals, equipment, and facilities.
– A cooperative and positive attitude is expected at all times.
3. Prohibited Items:
– The venue strictly prohibits alcohol, drugs, firearms, or dangerous weapons.
4. High Standards of Conduct:
– Competitors are held to the highest standards of conduct during the event.
1. Accuracy of Information:
– All information provided during registration must be accurate.
– False identity or incorrect information provided may result in disqualification or prohibition from the race.
2. Successful Applicants:
– Successful applicants shall be contacted when the registration period has ended.
– Any late entries will not be entertained.
COLLECTION OF RACE KIT
1. Venue and Dates:
– Race kit collection will take place at the following:
– Venue: DST Headquarters.
– Collection dates October 20, 2023, from 9 AM to 5 PM (Please note that our office will be closed from 11:30 AM to 2:30 PM for Friday Prayers).
1. Course Navigation:
– Participants can freely navigate the course within the designated marked routes and within the specified time limit.
– In the case of queues at obstacles, participants are advised to either wait in line or proceed to complete other challenges first.
– Participants have the option to skip or bypass certain sections of the course, or to complete all challenges in sequence.
– All participants must adhere to the rules set forth by DST.
REGISTRATION (EVENT DAY)
– Participants are urged to arrive at the event venue on time to avoid any delays or disqualification.
SAFETY AND EMERGENCIES
1. Safety Priority:
– The safety of all participants, spectators, and staff is paramount.
– In the event of an emergency, all parties must follow the explicit instructions of event staff.
– Follow all traffic laws and exercise caution when crossing streets or navigating public spaces where applicable.
– It is recommended that participants wear appropriate clothing and footwear
2. Emergency Response:
– In case of an emergency, all participants and parties should remain calm, yield to medics, event staff, and vehicles.
– Follow all instructions provided by event staff and volunteers, especially in case of emergencies or safety concerns.
– Avoid congregating at the scene, as it may cause congestion and hinder emergency response efforts.
Terms & Conditions
These Terms and Conditions apply to all participants of the Teacher’s Adventure Race. By completing an entry form and participating in the race, each team member (participant) acknowledges and accepts the the following Terms and Conditions:
– The Teacher’s Adventure Race is open to registered teachers in Brunei only.
– Retired teachers are not eligible to register.
– Participants are eligible to register online by 6th October 2023.
– Participants are required to form a team of four (4) members. (Refer to No. 6. Team Formation)
– A team captain shall be appointed to represent the team and register online on behalf of the team members.
3. Acceptance of Terms by Team Captain:
– By submitting the online registration form, the Team Captain agrees to these Terms and Conditions on behalf of the entire team members.
4. Accuracy of Information:
– All information provided must be accurate.
– False identity or any incorrect information may result in disqualification immediately.
5. Health and Safety:
– Participants are responsible for their own safety, including assessing their physical abilities and any potential risks prior to the event.
– Participants, especially those with pre-existing medical conditions are advised to consult their medical practitioner before the event.
– If a participant feels that a challenge or location is unsafe, they should skip it and inform the event organiser immediately.
– Follow all instructions provided by the event organiser, especially in case of emergencies or safety concerns.
– Participants should be prepared for various weather conditions and dress accordingly. In the event of severe weather (e.g., thunderstorms), the event may be postponed or cancelled for safety reasons.
6. Team Formation:
– Participants can form teams of up to four (4) members comprising of teachers from any school in Brunei.
– Each team must designate a team captain responsible for all communications and decisions.
– Team members cannot be changed after registration has been made online.
7. Challenge Rules:
– Participants must adhere to the challenge rules provided in the challenge guides.
– Challenges vary in nature and may require physical, intellectual, and teamwork skills.
– Teams can choose challenges in any order but must complete them within specified time limits.
8. Code of Conduct
– Participants must conduct themselves in a respectful and sportsmanlike manner throughout the event.
– Any behaviour deemed inappropriate, including cheating, harassment, or vandalism, will result in disqualification from the event.
9. Communication Consent:
– Registering indicates consent for DST to contact participants with event information, product/service updates, and research via email, post, phone, and SMS.
– Personal information collected during registration will be used solely for event purposes and will not be shared with third parties.
10. Event Changes:
– DST reserves the right to cancel, reschedule, or modify the Adventure Race due to unforeseen circumstances.
– Registered participants will be notified.
– These Terms and Conditions may be subject to change.
– Participants agree that they shall be bound by the changes and are encouraged to review them regularly.
11. Updates or Amendment to the Terms and Conditions:
– DST may update these terms and conditions before the event.
– Updated terms shall be notified or displayed at the event for participants’ reference.
12. Participant Dismissal/Disqualification:
– Teams or individuals may be disqualified from the event for violating any of these terms and conditions or for any unsportsmanlike conduct
– DST may also dismiss and/or disqualify Teams or participants for disobedience, unsafe behaviour, violation of rules and regulations, terms and conditions, abuse whether verbal or not, instructions, decisions, or laws.
13. Participant Responsibility:
– Participants are responsible for their own personal belongings and equipment during the event.
– Participants are liable for their actions during the event, including at the event centre.
– The event organisers are not responsible for any injuries, accidents, or damages that may occur during the Adventure Race.
14. Off-Route Risks:
– Participants must be within the marked route.
– Participants choosing to go off the marked route do so at their own risk and DST will not be responsible for off-route choices.
– Prizes will be awarded to the team(s) that successfully complete the most challenges within the two (2) hour time limit.
– Prize details shall be specified at the event.
– The event organisers reserve the right to exercise discretion in determining, modifying, or changing the finish -line prizes without prior notice to participants. This includes, but is not limited to, altering prize values, types of prizes, or the number of prizes awarded.
– Participants understand and acknowledge that the nature of prizes awarded at the finish line may be subject to change, and by participating in the event, they agree not to hold the event organisers liable for any such changes.
16. Media Consent:
– Participants grant DST the right to use and publish their photographs, film, video, electronic representations, and sound recordings on DST platforms for promotional purposes.